ACCESSIBILITY CUSTOMER SERVICE POLICY
Green-Port Environmental Managers Ltd. is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on part of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises that are open to the public.
No fees will be charged for support persons.
We will notify customers of this by posting a notice in the following locations:
Front Office Entrance
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities Green-Port will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if applicable.
Services/Facilities include: drop off of e-waste, or ferrous and non-ferrous metals/material. Access is provided to the facility through the front of the building via ramp access and access to shop facility if required, via driveways which are unpaved.
The notice will be placed at the front of the facility entry way and online at www.green-port.com.
Green-Port will provide accessible customer service training to all of its employees and others who deal with the public or third parties on our behalf. Training on Accessible Customer Service will be provided to all Managers, Supervisors, Foreman, Administrative and Support staff within three (3) months of being hired and training shall be reflected in the training Log.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Green-Port’s plan related to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or support person
- How to use equipment or devices available on site (if any) or otherwise that may help with providing goods and services to people with disabilities. These include wheelchair ramps, doors.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Green-Port’s goods and services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to the plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Green-Port provides goods and services to people with disabilities may contact us using any of the following means:
Mail: 64 Todd Road, Georgetown, ON, L7G 4R7
Lea Benjamin via, Tel: 905-873-8561 x 2004, Email: email@example.com
All feedback, including complaints, will be forwarded to the attention of Lea Benjamin, ISO Systems and Sales & Marketing Coordinator.
Customers can expect to hear back within three (3) days.
Modifications to this or other Policies
Any policy of Green-Port Environmental that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.